Hellfire and Plastic: Action Figures

Click to Enlarge

Like a lot of comic collectors, I also collect action figures of my favorite characters.  Naturally, Ghost Rider is at the top of my list, I love buying and displaying all of the assorted Spirits of Vengeance that have been lovingly molded in plastic and faux-leather.  Of course, my son Johnny has made it impossible to display most of them, but I do have a special spot on top of my refrigerator for my most prized collectible possessions.  Displayed atop the freezer are my 1/6th scale premium format figures, which include Medicom's Ghost Rider and 1st Appearance Punisher, the Hot Toys Punisher modeled on Thomas Jane, and the Toy Biz Ultimate Ghost Rider figure complete with hellcycle!  I love those premium figures, though their high price tags mean that I can't really afford them these days.  It's unfortunate, because I'm about to hook you up with info on THREE new premium format Ghost Rider figures that are coming this year!

The first comes from BoBo Studios, the origin of which I'm not sure because they're a company/studio I've never heard of before.  This 1/6th scale figure is called "Spirit of Vengeance" and comes from the Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance film, specifically the blue-flamed Ghost Rider that showed up at the end of the movie.  It comes with a switchable Nicholas Cage head (though honestly, who would display it as Cage instead of Ghost Rider?), several switchable hands, a chain and a shotgun.  The figure looks really great, you could even use a little bit of creative license and pass it off as a Danny Ketch figure from the "Addict" mini-series.  It retails for $134 and should be available for online orders now, I believe.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Next is the 1/6th scale figure from Sideshow Entertainment, which is another Johnny Blaze figure, but one that's modeled more after the comic version.  This one looks fucking amazing with its articulating jaw and swappable hands; not much in the way of accessories, but the sculpt and uniform are so awesome that the chain and hands are enough.  This one retails for $219, but Sideshow has a monthly payment plan for $49 installments!  It's being released at the end of the year and should be well worth the wait. 

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

Finally, the grandmaster king of the hill when it comes to these premium format figures is Hot Toys.  A few years back they released their version of Ghost Rider from the first movie, complete with light up hellcycle, that I have never been able to afford but would definitely sell my soul to own.  They just announced that they'll be releasing a new Ghost Rider figure based on Robbie Reyes from Agents of SHIELD!  No pictures of the figure have been released yet, nor do we know any details about what the figure will include by way of accessories.  Knowing Hot Toys, though, they'll probably include the Hell-Charger and price the thing at $500. 

Click to Enlarge

And you know what?  TOTALLY WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment