Vengeance Never Sleeps, But It Does Take Frequent Naps

So, we've pretty much reached the end of my ability to re-post reviews from the original Vengeance Unbound site.  There are other comics reviewed on the old site, but they were done out of any kind of order or sequence, I tended to skip around a lot to whatever I felt like reviewing at the time.  Now, though, I'm really wanting to keep a sense of structure to the reviews on the blog, which means those out of order reviews won't be posted until I reach them naturally while doing new reviews of the remaining Ghost Rider volumes.

That, unfortunately, brings me to my point: I will no longer be able to maintain daily updates/reviews without the re-postings to pad things out.  I can average 1-2 new reviews a week, if I'm lucky, due to the massive constraints on my free time (have four children and then get back to me to see how much time YOU have to write comic book reviews on a daily basis).  So blog postings will be slowing down considerably from this point on.  I'll still be doing the occasional article between reviews, along with finishing up the Ghost Rider Chronology lists, so there will definitely be new content.  Just please be patient with me.

For the record, though, here are my thoughts on a few recent topics:

1) I still fully expect a new Ghost Rider/Spirits of Vengeance series to show up in Marvel's October solicitations and will be really surprised if I'm wrong.  I predict that Felipe Smith will be writing, and hopefully he'll be on the art chores as well.

2) Regarding Ghost Rider as a show on Netflix, I am of course down for that.  Daredevil and Jessica Jones have both been phenomenal shows, especially their interpretation of the Punisher from DD Season 2, so I have full faith that they could do Ghost Rider justice.  Personally, though, I would like to see them steer clear of Johnny Blaze and instead center the show around the Danny Ketch incarnation from the early 1990s.  This would allow a fresh approach and allow them to tie in to other New York based shows/characters.  That being said, though...

3) ...I would welcome Norman Reedus as Johnny Blaze, though not as Ghost Rider.  Instead, cast him as the older John from the 1990s series, hellfire shotgun and trenchcoat, and let him play the mentor to the Ketch character.

To finish this post up, which may be the last new one for a bit, here's a picture of Alejandra Jones getting struck by lighting that kicks all kinds of ass (click to see it larger).

Artwork by Dalibor Talajic from Ghost Rider (2011) # 6

No comments:

Post a Comment