"You've Got a Second Chance, Johnny Blaze!"

A banner ad made years ago for Vengeance Unbound
So, I suppose this has been coming for quite a while now...

If you're a first time visitor to Vengeance Unbound, it's a Ghost Rider comic review and annotation site that I started up waaaaaaaaaaay back in 2001 and have operated sporadically ever since.  There have been server crashes, health scares, marriages, deaths, and most recently a baby son, all things that have made the site take various hiatuses throughout the years.  Most recently, the aforementioned baby son and a change in job schedules forced yet another hiatus to take place last summer. 

Maintaining and updating a whole website, even one as simplistically designed as VU, takes a lot of time and effort.  It's energy that I just don't have left to expend in my dottering old age.  Hence, this new blog, where I will be reposting each review currently housed at the old site, along with new ones when I have the time.  The original site will stay up until everything is moved over, including all of the articles and creator interviews I've written and conducted over the years.

This blog will also be the home to the brand-new Ghost Rider podcast that I and my cohort, Jim Yost, will be bringing you in coming months.  Expect some witty debate, theological explorations, and other spiritual ephemera, it oughta be a gas.  SKULLS ON FIRE is the name of the podcast, and it will be hosted here for everyone's listening pleasure.

I invite everyone here to join us on the Vengeance Unbound Facebook page as well, where I've been known to give away Comixology download codes for new issues whenever the mood strikes me.  I am absolutely not above bribery.

That's it, that's my sales pitch.  If you enjoy comic review blogs, like reading creator interviews, dig comic related blogs, or most importantly love Ghost Rider, I hope you stick around.  If you're a fan of the original VU, enjoy the reposting of those old reviews and look out for new ones.  This site won't die until I do, which will hopefully give me a few more years at the least.

Oh, and as for my aforementioned baby son?  I don't think it will surprise anyone to learn that I named the kid Johnny...

2 comments:

  1. I've been a follower since 2003 when I would visit the site during my computer class in Junior High. I've been a fan ever since. Looking forward to the podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping VU going for so long, Chris. It was an invaluable resource in connecting the dots during my time re-reading past GR comics. Looking forward to the new content and especially "Skulls on Fire." Keep up the good work and us fans will keep the hellfire flames a-burnin'. -GR_Fan82

    ReplyDelete